Little Angels Learning Academy curriculum is based upon the researched, effective, early childhood curricular philosophies of High Scope and Project Construct. Our philosophy for learning is to develop the “whole child” in such areas as: Academically, creatively, thinking, socially, physically, and representational. We believe children learn primarily through play during their young years, and through their interactions with the environment and socially.
Little Angels Learning Academy offers multiple learning experiences throughout a balanced day. Learning activities include: Rotational and hands-on learning centers, thematic leassons, and multiple extra-curricular activities to enhance the curriculum that include Stretch-n-Grow, gymnastics, in-class and out-in-community field trips, community service projects, stories by the Library lady, puppet shows, music, and Spanish. Our little angels have large classrooms and big playgrounds with LOTS of learning materials, toys, and equipment.
All children are assessed using the comprehensive Little Angels Learning Academy Keepsake Portfolio that includes: Developmental milestones; samples of work; observational data; pictures; growth chart, and other items as deemed appropriate. These are shared upon request with all parents, and during two parent-teacher conferences per year. Once a child graduates from Little Angels, the Portfolio goes with the child as a keepsake, documenting growth, learning, and development during times with us.
A Highlight of Services and Extra-curricular Activities Offered
- Highly educated and experienced staff
- A modern, warm, nurturing, and caring environment in a home-like structure
- Secured Entrance with Coded Entrance that Includes Fingerprinting
- Secured Internet cam to view child
- Two specially-designed oversized playgrounds with sun shades, trike trails, gardens, large gross motor equipment, sandboxes
- Computer learning centers
- Extra-curricular Activities that include: Stretch-n-Grow, Gymnastics, Puppet Shows, Stories by the Library Lady, Community Service Projects, Spanish and Music Instruction
- Thematic curriculum based upon the latest research on the young years.
- Play and hands-on learning activities with group time and learning centers
- Field trips (in-class and in community) to enhance the learning process (Zoo, Village Pottery, Discovery Center, Park and Picnic, Nature Center, Jump Mania and Wacky World, Chesterfield Center, and more)
- Parent and grandparent volunteers
- All staff certified in CPR and first aid for young children
- Monthly Center and Classroom Calendars and Newsletters
- Nutritious meals and snacks prepared on-site, served family style, using real dishes
- Special Events May Include: (Holiday Programs and Celebrations, Annual Academy Picnic , Community Service Projects, Grandparents’ Day Ice-cream Social, Spring Learning Carnivals (literacy, math, multi-cultural, science, performing arts, etc.), Muffins with Mom, Sweetheart Luncheon, Donuts with Dad for Father’s Day, Alumni Events (summer swim party)
- Keepsake Developmental Portfolios for All Children
- Parent-teacher Conferences – at least 2 X a year
- Preschool Graduation
- Individual developmental assessments
- Inclement Weather Plan
- Cooking Activities
- Parent/Guardian Resource Library